Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sharing a Blog?

Kathryn is a great writer, but she is a terrible blogger.  She has started two or three (or four) blogs, only to let them fade away because she doesn't write enough.  I have invited her to share my blog, and she told me she would think about it.  In the meantime, I came across this poem she wrote and got her permission to share it here.


Creationphoto © 2006 Uzi Yachin | more info (via: Wylio)






Creation plays in my car
and outside it, the world is trembling with
life.
the soprano soars and I weep
because
I know the newness of life
is mine- the beauty of it all is glaring like the sun through my windshield.
Doubt has residence in my bones
but hope and love live in my
chest constantly.
“A new created world” this morning on Highway 60.

(I asked her what Creation was and she said that it is Haydn's oratorio.  She was a member of a choir in college and they performed this.  She has a copy of it in her car.
You can listen to it here.)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read whatever Kathryn writes. It was so nice meeting her the other night at the Summer Soiree.

    ReplyDelete