Monday, June 13, 2011

Canada Post #7


We spent our last evening in the Loon’s Nest.   Oh, how we have loved it!


Phil went fishing one last time with Pete and Bill.  I stayed at camp, and after supper I planned to sit and enjoy the sunset once more.  As I was leaving the lodge, Becky caught me and told me that we needed to call and talk to Brenna about some of the things I have been writing for camp.  So we went to her house.   And the sun began to set.

After we talked a while and finished our business, I headed for the cabin.  On my way I came across Fawnda who had mail to prepare so that we could carry it back to the states for her.  So I went in to help.  And the sunset faded.  I thought to myself, “Oh, well, it wasn’t what I wanted to do, but I’ll be back and see more sunsets.”

We finished the job with the light fading.  Phil came in, and we all sat down for a bowl of homemade ice cream with frozen blueberries.  John turned out the lights, and we could see this…


I told John, “It really doesn’t get any better than this.”

Autumn came in.  She has just auditioned for the Chattanooga Philharmonic and won first seat in the cello section.  We asked her to play something for us.  She played so beautifully, it brought tears to my eyes.  It was one of the most wonderful moments of my life. 

I turned to John and said, “I was wrong.  This moment just moved up to another level.”

And so my last evening at Camp of the Woods was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment