Monday, May 23, 2011

Water for Elephants



We went to see Water for Elephants this weekend. We don't go out to see a lot of movies, but I had bought movie tickets from Fandango via Living Social. It was the first deal I made on Living Social, and I got two tickets for $9. At the regular price they would have been $23, so Phil was impressed with the deal. I had never used Fandango before, but I printed the tickets and was able to forgo the long line at the ticket booth and walk right in. Technology once again amazed me.

As for the movie, I thought it was pretty good, but Phil gave it "thumbs down." I enjoyed the trip back in time to 1931, and the look behind the scenes at the traveling circus business. It was an amazingly brutal world to live in. Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon were both beautiful. Rosie the elephant was quite amusing too. The scenes of the family home that were shot in the Chattanooga area couldn't have lasted more than a total of 2 minutes. It is very small amount of time for all the hoopla that went on surrounding the filming.

The book was probably better than the movie. Most books are.

I think this will be a good movie to rent when it comes out on DVD. Catch it then.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the story. I was stuck on the American flags flying in the big top. It was during the Depression, yet they showed the 50 state flag? Other than that, I thought it was neat. I loved the elephant!
    Have you seen Secretariat? THAT movie is really good. It's not about the horse, it's about the family.

    ReplyDelete