Sunday, May 15, 2011

Conversation Part 2

There are a few more conversations that I continue to have on my mind.

As soon as we returned from Illinois we connected with Daniel and Victoria Meade, whom I met at camp last summer. Daniel and Victoria are roaming around the country to raise support for going to the mission field. They intend to be on staff in the fall at the Black Forest Academy in Germany. It is a boarding school for missionary kids. They are an exceptional couple who will be an asset to the ministry there. I am so glad that Phil and Will got to meet them and know the high caliber of people they are, and why I hold them in such high regard.





Phil and I have gotten to have a couple of good conversations this week with another one of our favorite people, John Cofield. We get to talk about school, family, and Camp of the Woods, all of these topics near and dear to our hearts. Our time with John is always so encouraging, and I think it works both ways. We missed Fawnda because she has already left for Canada.



Yesterday I got to talk to Becky Bates at Camp of the Woods. She was sharing with me the theme for camp (Mystery) and the ideas that they have already been rolling around. I will start working on things I might be able pitch in from my experiences and resources. It's always fun for me to be thinking about this sort of stuff. I've been talking to Johnny too via email.



And last, but certainly not least, there's my mom and dad. I try to go up every evening and watch "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy" with them. We talk over our day during the commercials. We have conversations quite frequently, so many of them are pretty inconsequential. But I'm treasuring each one of these conversations more and more. Mom and Dad are such an important part of my life, and I appreciate the encouragement they are to me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment