Monday, April 15, 2019

Grand's House



Go to sleep, Madeline.
No more talking
Or wrestling around.

But we have to make a wish, Grand,
We have to whisper low.
I can’t tell you what I wish for
Or it won’t come true.

Do you want to hear my wish, Grand?
Do you want to know?

Sweet girl,
If you tell me
Then it won’t come true.

But if I don’t tell you, Grand,
Then how will you ever know
How much I love you?
Let me tell you so.

I love you, Grand.
I love your house.
I love the wolf on the floor.
I love the petting the fish,
And catching tadpoles.
I love it when you roar.
I love making slime
And flying my kite,
Tea parties
And spending the night.

I love everything about your house…

Even if it stinks.

 Today’s prompt:  write a poem that is a dramatic monologue or sort of a small play.  This poem was inspired by one of Madeline's visits.  My grandmother heart almost melted as she told me these things, and then we get to the end and she adds the "stinks" part.  Madeline never forgets things and one time when she came I had some trash that needed to go out.  Now I forever have a stinky house to her.  Oh, well.





1 comment: