Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Day in Vienna




         Today we spent the day sightseeing in Vienna and recovering from jet lag.  It was a cold
         wet day but what can you do?  This is the day we have.  Here are some highlights.

         As part of my Amazing Race I asked the people familiar with Vienna what I could do for my 
         "road block."  They answered immediately, "You should climb the steps in the tower at 
         St. Stephen's."  

         So I did.

        But I'm afraid I'm not in the shape I once was and I'm going to be sorry about this tomorrow.

Oh, Mary, I need you to help me get in shape for things like this!

            I also took a tour of the Vienna Opera House, one of the most famous performing
            venues in the world.  They perform a different opera or play every night.  It was an 
           amazing place and reminded me of a challenge that they actually did on the TV race.

          Here are some pictures from the Opera House:

The box for the royals is in the back.

Boxes like this circle the stage completely.

Famous composers who have performed here include Mozart
and Beethoven.

                   Work starts tomorrow.  Students arrive Thursday.
          

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Keep the posts coming. You're helping me expand my bucket list. 😉

    ReplyDelete