Friday, April 3, 2015

A Memorable Good Friday

Austrian countryside


Today is Good Friday.  I have often spent time in different ways reflecting on what this day means to me, but today will go down as my most unique remembrance of this day thus far.

After we finished our work today, I walked to town with two of my fellow workers.  There is a monastery that is centuries old here.  Next to the monastery is a series of monuments depicting the Stations of the Cross.  We were able to visit each memorial and reflect on part of the suffering of the Lord.


The monastery



Path through the Stations of the Cross



I am thankful that the final monument showed our risen Savior. 

Jesus is alive!

As we started back to the Haus we passed the monastery and heard the sound of the monks chanting.  It is quite an experience to hear it in this beautiful space


.
In the evening we celebrated part of the Seder, the Passover supper.  We shared the cup and the bread and remembered that we are all one in the Lord, because of His death for us on the cross.

The table I hosted for supper on this special night


What a day!  Thank you, Lord, for your love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment