Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection!





Easter is such a joyous time!

Having observed Lent again this year, I confess the fact that I have had great anticipation leading up to Easter this week. I attended a Maundy Thursday service at Chapel Hill and took communion with a sweet and familiar set of friends that I don’t get to see very much. The sunset that evening capped off the evening nicely. I have had pleasant and meaningful conversations with Will and with my mom that have deepened the meaning of the season for me. I will treasure those moments.

But Lent is a time of fasting, and Easter is the time to break the fast. Anyone who has fasted knows how it feels to anticipate the end of the fasting. And so, Easter brings great joy because now I can partake of the things that I have denied myself for the past six weeks.

It is a great joy to be able to enjoy sodas, coffee and tea again. And it is a great joy to be reunited with all my friends and family on Facebook.

But those are such small things compared with the great joy of the resurrection of Jesus. His life gives me strength, hope, and love. I’m so thankful for all He has done for me and all He continues to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment