Saturday, April 16, 2011

Holy Week

Happy Easter to Allphoto © 2008 Melissa Doroquez | more info (via: Wylio)


In the Church universal, many people observe the coming week as Holy Week. There is Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. As I approach the coming week I am making plans to carve out some time for quiet reflection each day about what this week means to me and my personal faith journey. I am thankful to have the leisure of spring break this week which will make it easier for me to have the time. For those of you who do not have that luxury, I still think that you need to set aside some time for meditation.

I've enjoyed following a new blog lately. This blog belongs to a new friend of Kathryn's; they go to church together. This entry has some great things to say about Holy Week.

http://rachelheldevans.com/not-so-holy-holy-week

I'm excited about our church service tomorrow. The choir is doing a wonderful song. (Thanks to Alyssa for her passion for making the music come alive.) We will be sharing communion; I love this! Can't wait to see what God does in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment