Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yesterday Aaron took Kathryn, Mary and I on a wildflower hike. It was a pretty strenuous five mile hike which took us about four hours. The path was strewn with all types of wildflowers. It was beautiful and hot and exhausting. There were many butterflies out on the flowers too, which seems very early for them to be out and about. We saw Sutter's Falls and Horsepound Falls at the Savage Gulf State Park where Aaron is a ranger.

The hike was a little longer than I would have liked but it was worth the time to see Mary enjoy it so much. She told me she wouldn't have gone if I hadn't gone along, and having Kathryn along was a great bonus. It was a throughly enjoyable afternoon, and I'm so glad I got to experience the beauty of all those wildflowers.






No comments:

Post a Comment