Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Aundria Dishman



I have known Aundria for a long time.  Since I was much older than she was, I wasn't really close to her, but I did know some things about her.  She was a hard worker.  She liked to make things happen. She loved the Lord.

A few years ago I found out we had something in common.  We had both been to a Feed My Starving Children mobile pack in Chattanooga, and we both fell in love with this ministry.  We both thought this would be a great event for Dunlap.  So when I approached leadership with the idea of holding a pack, I found out that she had asked first.  Neither of us had success in getting this event off the ground.

In late 2016 I still had Feed My Starving Children on my mind and decided to try again to get this event going.  My first call was to Aundria, and she was committed immediately.  We decided to hold an initial meeting to begin planning the mobile pack.

Before we could have our first meeting, Aundria found out she had cancer.  She was able to come to the meeting and pledged to be whatever help she could, but she was unsure of what she might feel like doing.  She was able to persuade her extended family to make the first large donation to the pack.  

Aundria never made it to the mobile pack in April of 2017.  Between her rounds of chemo, she spent lots of time with Derrick, her girls and other family members.  Time was precious.

Aundria passed away back in April after losing her battle with cancer.  In order to remember her and honor her, I got permission from her family to call this next Feed My Starving Children mobile pack the Aundria Dishman Memorial Pack.  I hope it will be a way to remember her love for the Lord, her love for her community, and her service to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment