Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Amazing Race




I’ve been a fan of the Amazing Race for a long time. I’ve even created my own versions of the Amazing Race for camp and also just for fun.  A couple of years ago Mary agreed to be my partner, and we actually sent in a video entry to try to get on the race.  But it didn’t happen.

At the beginning of this year I was doing some goal setting and thinking about some things I wanted to accomplish.  That’s when the idea of running my own Amazing Race came to me.  If I can’t run it for a million bucks, I’ll run it for a better purpose: for the Kingdom of God.

I made a list of all the places I want to go in the next few years, while I have the strength and health to travel, and the financial means to pull it off.  My list includes several ministries that I’ve been following for quite a long time.  Among my destinations are Orphanage Emmanuel in Honduras, The House in Austria with my dear friend Robin, and the schools that Harry and Bea Ward talked about in Togo, West Africa.  The list goes on and also includes visits to my college roommate Cheryl in Budapest, Hungary, and my sister Penny in Bulgaria.

So today I am off on the first leg of my Amazing Race.  I am flying to Denver to see my brother Ray and his family.  I’ve been to Denver before, but this time my purpose is to see the ministry he and Pattie are involved in.  I want to experience firsthand how they are trying to reach an inner-city community with the Gospel of Christ.

I’m staying a week and I hope to have lots to talk about here.  I have a lot going on in my life that I’m excited to talk to Ray and Pattie about.  They have been invaluable council for me over the years, and I need some of their insight for the days ahead.

Amazing Race (Pam Kiper style), here I go!  


No comments:

Post a Comment