Friday, February 24, 2012

Woven Basket

This week I came across the story of a violin player in the subway.  This story has been making its rounds on Facebook, and I shared it on my wall.  The point of the story was that there is beauty all around us, and we are too busy to stop and see it.  We talked about this at our Friday Friends meeting today, also.  And so I'm making a conscious effort to look and really notice the beauty around me.

This afternoon Phil and I walked the road.  The rays of the sun were dropping low in the sky; the light was perfect.  We stopped at the end of the road to look at the view of the mountains from the top of Sprouse Hill.  The ridge popped with a brilliant green; the mountains were in shadow.  As we came to back to the house the view across the pond was gorgeous too.

I went to Mom & Dad's for our nightly visit during Jeopardy.  The sky was clear, and the crescent moon was low in the sky.  A brilliant star was nearby.  It reminded me of a poem that Kathryn wrote:


Woven basket holds pink,
red, orange
basket of grey, brown
branches holding the sky
and my one-star dusk; one
star in blue, fading and sliding,
sneaking into darker blue
Woven basket of one-star sky
and moon
waning crescent rising in the
east as I run into the woven basket of
one-star sky moon
and you...
\\


No comments:

Post a Comment