Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Sower

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there until they have watered the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
- Isaiah 55:10-11

'Sow the Seed: Oxfam Action Corps San Francisco' photo (c) 2010, Oxfam America - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/


I got to teach the parable of the sower tonight in Kids’ Club.  I love being able to share Jesus’ stories with the kids.  I’m so privileged to get to put God’s word out there to do its work.

A couple of weeks ago one little sixth grade girl who rides the van was crying inconsolably.  I had her come and talk to me at the end of the night.  Some of the kids had been talking about dying and she was very scared.  I asked her about her salvation, prayed with her and sent her home.  Later that week one of the verses we were studying from Friday Friends hit me as the perfect verse to share with her.

2 Timothy 1:7...
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Another night I got to teach from the Beatitudes, “You are the light of the world.”  Tonight Andrea told me that Allie came home that night and called a family meeting.  She said, “It’s time for me to let my light shine…I want to be baptized.”  Allie had been saved about a year ago but had never been ready to be baptized until then.  I got to see her get baptized this past Sunday.  What a blessing!

God’s word is a double-edged sword.  My devotional today said one edge when it comes from God to my heart, the second edge when it goes out from me and into the hearts of others.  It’s such a wonderful thing to be a part of the work God is doing in the lives of kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment