Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm Back!

I just looked at my blog, and it’s been a whole month since my last post.  That’s a long time for me to be quiet.

It hasn’t been that there’s not been anything going on.  The holidays are always busy with lots of family around and not much of a schedule to keep. 

We enjoyed a visit from Phil’s dad and my aunt Pauline.  I even made a quick trip to Indiana with Kathryn to take Pauline home and see some cousins that I haven’t seen for years. 


Kathryn at Abraham Lincoln's birthplace.  We stopped there on our trip to Indiana.

We also spent time at the zoo, beautifully lit for Christmas (free tickets thanks to my Aunt Sue), and toured the Children’s Museum with my friend Robin. They had a Barbie exhibit that had several dolls and accessories that I had played with in my childhood. It lets you know you’re old when toys that you actually owned are in a museum.


There’s lots of school stuff going on too.  Mary and I are changing our schedule.  She is going to work with all the elementary kids, and I’m going to work with the middle school students.  So far it’s making us both happier.  It’s also time to prepare for Science Olympiad, one of the highlights of the year.  I’m excited about competing well, but it’s very busy getting everyone ready.

Finally, I’ve been doing lots of reading.  I don’t know exactly what to say about all that, but it’s been very interesting.  I hope to share some of my thoughts on these books in upcoming posts.

So I’m back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment