Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Lesson About Generosity



Last week Phil had lunch with a friend and came home to relate this story to me. 

Our friend has two daughters who are adopted.  For Christmas they received $100 from their grandparents.  They chose to use this money to buy presents to send to kids in need.  Their father related the great joy they took in doing this.

Phil said to him, “This shows me that you are raising caring and generous girls.  That is such a good thing to instill in them.”

Our friend said, “What it shows me is that they trust me to be their provider.  They know they can give that money away to the needs of others, because they have complete confidence that all their needs will be met by me and their mom.”

What a great lesson about giving!  I can give fearlessly because I have no doubt whatsoever that my heavenly Father can meet my every need without fail.  

May I keep this lesson at the forefront of all the decisions I make concerning money over the next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment