Monday, July 18, 2011

Top 10 Things I’ll Miss About COTW


10.  Fawnda’s flowers and food:  Everyone is different.  Fawnda loves gardening and cooking…two things that would not be on my “favorite things to do” list.  But because she chooses to serve God with the things she loves, I get to enjoy them too.


9.  The Big Pop:  Every night of junior camp snack time ends with “The Big Pop.”  There are many variations of it.  Here’s one way to do it.  (Sorry the video is sideways, but I couldn't rotate it.)


8.  Singing in Chapel:  I love to sing.  When I was a kid we had all kinds of choruses that we would sing.  It’s fun to get to be a part of that for this crop of kids.  I love “sing[ing] to the Lord with all of [my] might.” (That’s one of my favorite camp songs.  We sang it every night.)

7.  Lazy Sunday afternoons on the lake:  After a long week with campers, it is so pleasant to enjoy some down time.  This past Sunday they were tubing. 

Last week's activities included tie-dye.

6.  Kids:  I love being around kids.  They are funny, insightful, energetic and sweet (at least most of them were).


5.  New faces:  Every week I’ve been there I’ve met new people who are a joy to get to know.  The variety and quality of the people I’ve met has been amazing.

4.  Favorite friends:  You know who you are.

3.  Sharing burdens and blessings:  I can’t get enough of this one.  Many prayers are going up from me and for me.

And on a related note…

2.  Living in community:  If you want to see how the body of Christ is supposed to work, come to COTW.  Everyone united in one purpose…to shine the light of Christ into the hearts of kids.  Everyone sharing everything in common…possessions, food, work, responsibilities. 

1.  SUNSETS:  No picture I have ever taken has truly been able to capture the glory and scale of the sunsets on Troutfly Lake.  But I’ll keep trying.
My last sunset for the summer.
Matt called this one "Sistene Chapel-esque"...not a word you hear every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment