Saturday, July 9, 2011

Camp: Post #2



Home Sweet Away from Home

Our group of Jr. Teen Campers
I’ve been hanging out at Lakeview this week and it’s been lots of fun.  My speaking duties have ended although I may be helping John Cofield with the morning hikes.  That will be something new for me.

This week the campers were very nice, very good kids.  I think we were all able to enjoy them.  Next week things will change because we will have junior campers.  We will also have the biggest group yet…37 boys and 24 girls.  We are a little short staffed, but it seems pretty manageable.  Will and Micah will not be counseling this week, so they get a little break and will have other duties. 

It’s so enjoyable to be here with so many good people.  Some of the other adult staffers have their whole family here.  They have some wonderful kids.  I’ll have to tell you about them later.

For more info on the week, I’ll post some random pictures on Facebook.

The weekend is for resting, so I’ll be taking it easy here by the lake.  Wish you were here…all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment