Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shouting Hallelujah!


This past week while I was at COTW my daily Bible reading took me to the last few Psalms.  They are joyful exaltations of God and His majesty.  They begin with “Hallelujah.”  It made me think of the song “Shout to the Lord.”  And that made me think, “When have I ever shouted to the Lord?”

I felt like I was supposed to…even though it seemed silly.

So on a glorious morning, I went out to the lake before breakfast.  I climbed the high dive and looked out over the lake, the sky, the trees…the beauty of God’s creation, and I shouted “Hallelujah!”

I still felt a little silly, so I squelched the urge to shout, “The Lord, He is God!”

John and Fawnda were on their porch and saw me on the high dive.  They heard the shout but told each other that it couldn’t have been Pam shouting.  Must have been someone on the shore. 
See…they didn’t think I would shout either.

Friday morning I was determined to have some company so I had all the kids line up on the beach and we shouted “Hallelujah!”  And we shouted, “The Lord, He is God!”  It felt good.  It felt right.  It was exhilarating.

From now on I’m shouting more often.  Maybe people will get to expect it from me.

So what about you?  Feel like shouting? 
Just do it!

1 comment:

  1. I had a good loud belly laugh picturing this...I love it.

    ReplyDelete