Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010

A new group of campers arrived today. It is hard to have as much enthusiasm for this week’s work as last week’s. I can’t imagine how it would be to stay the entire summer. But we worked hard to make the game time we are in charge of a success. It was a warm day today so we were able to set up a couple of water hoses and some other water activities and have a very enjoyable afternoon out in the sun. There is no lifeguard this week so they are not allowed to swim in the lake this week. If we have another warm day, we may allow them to go wading.

I was scheduled to help with the Amazing Race part of the activities this week. I was supposed to accompany a team around as they competed. However, my hamstring injury continues to bother me, and I had to bow out of that job. It was disappointing.

As I sit here looking out over the lake, I continue to be amazed by the beauty I find here. The “heavens” definitely declare the glory of the LORD. There are several canoes rowing toward home. The kids here are enjoying the activities. It has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment