Saturday, September 5, 2009

Beginnings are exciting!

Tomorrow Phil and I will begin to teach the college/career class at church. I am excited, but also a little bit nervous. It is entirely possible that no one will show up for this class. I am prepared for this possibility and have prayed that God will bring out those who He plans to be there. So I'm finished with that concern. I am also extremely focused on a desire to make this class relevant to where these young people are in their lives. That's why I'm creating this blog. My intent is to make the lessons we discuss accessible to them wherever they are. It also allows them access when it is a good time for them to give their attention and concentration.

I called the blog "Drinking From the Well" because God has really been speaking to me about having a greater desire for His word. I want it in my own life. I also want it in the life of my church and its members. So I want to be thirsty for the knowledge found in the Word and going regularly to the only Well that can satisfy my thirst.

So here we go. We're launching out on a new adventure. I'm anxious to see what God has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment