Friday, April 10, 2020

Betwixt and Between

Today's prompt was to write an ekphrastic poem, which is a poem that reflects on a piece of art.  Another challenge was to create a poem that reflected the shape of the words.  So I decided to combine them in my poem today.

Phil and I visited Charleston back in November, and we visited several museums.  One of the museums had an exhibit called "Betwixt and Between" by Patrick Dougherty.  We were familiar with his work from a piece on CBS Sunday Morning, and so we were delighted to see one of his works in person.

I used words from this video to create my poem/picture.  You can see more images of the sculptures here.


My poem is based upon this picture.



Here are some pictures we took when we were visiting the exhibit.







No comments:

Post a Comment