Saturday, July 20, 2019

Update: Junior Week 1


We had to change gears this week as we welcomed our first group of junior campers, ages 8-12.  They require a lot more care and supervision than the teen campers.  Everything we do takes considerably longer.  But they make up for it by being very entertaining.

This week I hiked along with this group of boys and the subject of dreams came up.  I told them about a dream I had just that night.  In the dream (a typical teacher type dream) I was teaching a group of kids but they weren't the current campers or any kids I could identify.  One of the boys in the dream was pushing all my buttons.  I finally blew my top, and told him to "sit right here and don't move until I tell you to."  Then I woke up.  One of the boys on the hike said, "Tell me what he looked like.  I think I know him."  We have laughed and laughed about this.  Phil said, "Tell him to look in the mirror."

One of the fun things I get to do each day is lead one of our specialized activities.  The kids get to choose from things like paintball, archery, canoeing, ping-pong, frisbee golf, rock climbing and others.  My activity is space art.  Using spray paints we have created our own planets and galaxies.  The kids have been very delighted with the art they have created, and that has made it a joy for me.









Prayer requests:  Camp is full again for the coming week.  Please pray for the summer staffers as they recover from a pretty demanding week.  

Pray for those who heard the Gospel for the first time, and for several who responded to the Gospel this week.

My mom went to Emery in Atlanta.  They cannot do surgery and are sending her for radiation.  She will have to go five days a week for six to eight weeks.  Right now she is scheduled to do this in Murfreesboro.  We are trying to get it moved to Chattanooga.  Pray that we can get this arranged in the coming week.  She is scheduled to start on July 29.



No comments:

Post a Comment