Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Conversations at the Kids' Table on Easter Sunday

This isn't the kids' table but this was on Easter Sunday.

Does this house have a chimney? Yes, there it is.  The thing that looks like a pistol?  A pistol? It's that pipe.  I love cheese.  Eat two more bites of ham.  I don’t want my egg.  Give it to her.
Are we going to hunt eggs?  After we eat. The chimney looks like a pistol.  What?  He means “pistil,” like in a flower.  Oh, wow! He’s right.  It does. What five-year-old knows “pistil”? More tea.  I’m done.  Me, too. No, you don’t.  Four more bites.  If you don’t eat your food,  you can’t have birthday cake.  I don’t want cake.  I’m done. Stop talking and eat.  Don’t say that to my brother.  You’re not our boss.  Don’t talk to Auntie like that.  Are you her mother?  Let’s go hunt eggs!

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment