Saturday, November 7, 2015

To My EBC Family



Dear Friends,

As most of you know, Phil and I are beginning a new chapter of our lives at Dunlap United Methodist Church.  I have been given a staff position working with their youth.  I had been feeling called to a leadership position for a few years now, and I am happy to find an open door there.

When I first began to feel God's calling in a new way on my life, I spent a long time praying and contemplating what I should do.  Then I heard a man talk about Peter walking on the water to Jesus.  Peter says to Jesus, "If it's you, Lord, tell me to come to you." Then the man added, "If it's you, Lord, tell me to get out of the boat."  And that became my prayer.  "If this calling is from you, Lord, tell me to get out of the boat."

Obviously, I have felt that God has moved me to get out of the boat.  And part of what that looks like is leaving you.

But I can't leave without saying "Thank you" to all of you at Ewtonville.  It is because of your long-time presence in my life that I have become who I am today.  You gave me a safe place to learn and grow in my faith.  Many of you were important in the life of my own children.  You also gave me the great blessing of a place to practice teaching in so many different settings over the years.  You let be creative in developing programs, and you let me express myself in dramas and in singing.  Most of all, you let me love your kids.



One of my favorite memories at church is taking communion together.  After I had stepped up to receive the bread and juice I would sit down and watch you all file by to receive your portions.  I would look at you and remember how we were connected, history we shared.  I would always feel the swell of the great love and affection I had for you.

Of course, I am not gone from your lives.  I still live just down the road.  I will see you at Wal-Mart, the gas station, El Metate, all around town.  I will keep up with you on Facebook.  So, though our relationship has changed, never doubt my love for you and my gratitude for all you mean to me.

                                                                                 Your sister in Christ,
                                                                                     Pam

                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all you did.EBC Kids especially. You will be missed. See you around.

    ReplyDelete