Thursday, November 5, 2015

My New Job

I am excited to announce that I am taking on a new job.  I have been asked to work as the youth leader at Dunlap United Methodist Church.  We have been attending there for the past few weeks, and as a result, my name was put into consideration for this job.  After thoughtful prayer and consideration I decided take this position.

Now believe me when I say that the irony of this is not lost on me.  I am a 57-year-old taking on working with youth.  I know I don't look like your typical youth leader...


Reverend Tim Tom from ABC's "The Middle"


My personal favorite, Jason Dildine

This being said, I can go back to one of my favorite Bible verses, Ephesians 2:10.  It says, "We are [God's] workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works that God has prepared in advance for us to do."  I feel that God has prepared me for this ministry at this time in my life and at this time in the lives of the youth that I will come in contact with.  I am thankful for the opportunity to share what God has been pouring into me recently.  And I am equally excited about what I will learn from the kids and parents who will be a part of my life for this next chapter of my story.

This is a leap of faith for me.  I find it scary and exhilarating.  A few weeks ago I heard Andy Stanley say, "It is the job of the leader to stir and disturb the imaginations of those they lead."  I am praying that I can do that stirring and disturbing.  Who knows what God has in store for all of us!







No comments:

Post a Comment