Sunday, June 7, 2015

Welcome, Aurora!

Welcome, dear little one!
Recently my niece Rayanne had a baby girl.  Rayanne has had her share of struggles, and now she finds herself in Denver, living in Champa House, as part of their New Life program geared at single moms and their dependent children.

Rayanne has been blessed with a loving family and spiritual community in Denver.  I observed this community when I traveled to Denver last spring.  These people are invested in each other's lives.  They speak truth (good, bad and ugly) to each other regularly. 

They speak to each other in a beautiful way that I have never really experienced anywhere else.

And so, upon Aurora's arrival my brother posted this on Facebook:

I love this hand painted sign from one of our Fellows to Aurora. Aurora is the real name of Sleeping Beauty. My daughter, who has dealt with insomnia most of her young life, chose the name as a stand against this affliction in her daughter. Sleep well, sweet Aurora, and tomorrow we will move mountains!




It makes me have tears in my eyes every time I read this.  It is so beautiful.

Blessings upon you, dear Aurora and dear Rayanne!  May you build a life together that will bless God and bless others.

My brother Ray with Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment