Monday, October 14, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada.  They celebrate it pretty much like we do.  Since I have such a connection with Canada I thought I'd make this list:

10 Things in Canada That I'm Thankful For

10.  Wildlife.  I was able to see a wolf on the camp road early in my latest visit to camp (and walked it every day alone; how's that for being brave?).  I also watched a weasel carrying off bird carcasses from behind our cabin.  One evening a grouse flew alongside our truck for quite a ways. Always lots of interesting things to see in the bush.

A partridge in a birch tree


9.  Northern Lights.  Although we only saw them a couple of times this fall and they were pretty faint, it is always amazing to watch them.  It is something that not very many people get to experience, so it's very special.

8.  Good friends.  Having been there so many times, we have made some good friends.  We got to worship with some of them, have meals with others, and have great conversations with many.

7.  Kayleigh.  I'm thankful to watch her be the best big sister anyone could ask for.  I love her calm maturity and quiet strength.

Kayleigh


6.  Luke.  No one talks with more enthusiasm than Luke.  And no one punctuates his conversation with more sound effects.  So entertaining.

Luke


5.  Aubrey.  She moves with such grace and skill.  She gave us quite a performance to her favorite Disney music.

Aubrey at Bear Track


4.  Emma.  A most helpful child.  She likes to be close to people; she's touchy-feely.  She kept rubbing my arm saying, "I like feeling your wrinkles."  And when she was working with me and said, "I wish I could be just like you when I grow up," my heart almost melted.



3.  Becky.  She has the gift of hospitality; her home is open to visitors any time.  She manages her household so well; she keeps her kids on task, and her home neat as a pin.

Johnnie & Becky...two of our favorite people

2.  Johnnie.  No one is more friendly than Johnnie.  Go to town with him and he'll know someone everywhere you go.  And no one knows more about fixing things and keeping things running than he does.

1.  The Loon's Nest.  My home away from home, the place is so dear to me and to Phil.  We are very happy there.

Loon's Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment