Thursday, January 6, 2011

Romans 8:28

In the previous post I talked about the tremendous attacks that I feel my family has been under. I wanted to add some further thoughts to this idea.

Sunday night Bro. Brian preached from one of the greatest and most comforting verses in the Bible, Romans 8:28. It says, “For we know that all things work together for good to them who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose.”

As I reflected on this verse and the many examples we find of this in the scriptures such as Joseph, Daniel, Paul and others, I came away with renewed assurance that my family will survive these trials. Every attack, every problem, that the Devil sends our way with the intention of destroying us, devouring us, God intends and allows for our good. No matter how impossible it may seem that anything good can come from these situations, I will take hold of this promise and run with it. I have complete confidence that I will be able to one day look back on all this and see the purpose of God fulfilled in bringing the best to all our lives.

This, too, is part of the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment