Friday, August 9, 2019

Update: Junior Week 3

Junior Week 3 is in the books and with that, the camp season comes to an end.  We had a full camp again with another large crop of brand new campers.  Along with these new campers are not only repeat campers, but also children and grandchildren of campers from long ago.  It is so great to see the relationships continue through several generations.

We had a very cold start to the week, but now it has turned hot, and that makes the lake very inviting. Most of the kids love swim time and this week we added an evening swim, which makes for some lovely pictures.




I was able to wrap up my storytelling duties for the week and all went well there.  I had a rather light week since I did not have to lead games.  I am thankful for younger staff who do this job well.


As we came to the end of the week, we were all very tired, but also very satisfied that we had had a terrific summer.  We had seen God's grace and mercy on display in how He used the likes of us, all the staff, to shine the light of the Gospel into the lives of children.  As I work there I think often of Jesus telling the disciples to "let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them."  Each one of these kids is precious to the Lord, and I think most leave knowing that they've have experienced His love from us.

Prayer requests:  I am praising God for the great summer that Phil and I were able to spend at Camp of the Woods.  Thanks to all who kept us in your prayers during this time.

My mom has radiation scheduled to begin on Thursday, August 15, in Chattanooga.  My dad will have surgery on his hip on Friday, August 16.  Keep them both in your prayers.





No comments:

Post a Comment