Friday, January 5, 2018

Bookends of 2017

2017 was a stellar year for me in many ways.  I began the year by championing a Feed My Starving Children mobile pack.  It came to fruition in April when the mobile pack was fully funded and took place at the National Guard building in Dunlap.  It was fantastic to see our community come together for such a meaningful event.

On December 29th another event took place that was very meaningful to me.  It was called Poetry, Prose and Pie, and it was inspired by my trip to Hutchmoot which I wrote about here.  This was an experimental event to see if an evening of beautiful words and music would interest people.  It was also an attempt to showcase local people who were skilled at sharing their thoughts and talents.

I was completely satisfied with how the evening turned out.  Even though it happened during the busy holiday season, a great crowd turned out.  I am extremely grateful to my friends who so readily agreed to speak or write pieces for this event.  I will be sharing some of the selections that were read here in the coming days.  I hope you will enjoy it.

I invited many friends, but space was limited.  I intend to have other events like this in the future, and if you would like to come see what it's all about be sure to let me know.  I'd love to share this with you.

One of the many pies we had to choose from


John Cofield and his daughter Autumn provided beautiful
music for our enjoyment.


So many friends turned out


I had great help in the kitchen from my dear friend Mary,
my sister Penny and my sister-in-law Pattie.


Lots of good conversation at the tables



No comments:

Post a Comment