Thursday, August 7, 2014

Treasure of the Summer



Finally we are home.

It was a wonderful summer full of hard work and lots of fun.  I have story upon story to tell.  I'll begin by sharing my treasures.  Every summer I collect a wide assortment of things that I love, things that connect me with people I've met over the summer.  Here are some of them:

My friend Billie loves to work with yarn.  In honor of our
theme this summer, she made Madeline and me
a pair of shark slippers. Adam has a pair too.
These make me laugh.


We have made friends with a couple from Michigan who live in a
 house on the other side of the highway from the camp.  Larry and
Noel live "off the grid" all summer.  Noel painted
this picture of The Loon's Nest.  It is beautiful.

One of my very favorite campers, Lindsey, drew this for me
while she was at camp.
She is such a talented artist, and I plan to have this framed.

For the past three years a man named Alex has come with
one of the work teams.
He is such an interesting man, and a retired shop teacher.
He made this cross for me to hold when I am praying.

It is always good to have tangible reminders of connections we make with others.  These things make my heart full with the memories of the great work we were so blessed to participate in this summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment