Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dear Kathryn



 
Dear Kathryn,
I am so thankful that you are my daughter.  And now you have a daughter.

Madeline.

Maddie.

I hope you find all the joy and fulfillment in being her mom that I found in you.  You came into my life, and you saved me in a way.  I was lonely, and there you were, to fill up my time and my life.
For you it may be different, but in some way I suspect Madeline will save you too.  Mostly she will save you from yourself.  Becoming a mother roots out so much of one’s selfishness and self-centeredness.  

I  can’t wait to see you and to meet this new life you and Brandon have created.  She will be a much loved child.  You two have so much to offer her.

In the meantime, until I can get there in person, give her hugs and kisses for me, keep her fed and dry, sing her songs and pray over her.  This journey of parenthood and grandparenthood has just begun.  It will be a fantastic journey.
Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment