Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dear Ones

The past couple of weeks I got a chance to share my life here at Camp of the Woods with some of the dearest people in my life.  First, Kathryn arrived and spent a week with us.  We kept her busy helping around camp, working in the kitchen and cleaning some of the cabins.  But she also got to do a lot of fishing with her dad, and just enjoying the beauty all around us.


One of the guys fishing here said he didn't like being out-fished by a girl.

I love this picture of Kathryn and Phil.
She had to go home to rest up from her vacation.  But before she left Mary and Gene arrived.  They also stayed a week and just left yesterday.  

We had a great time hiking to Bear Track.

They got to stay in the Jones Cabin which is right next to the Loon's Nest, so we could just run across the deck to see each other.  One night it was late when I was coming home, and I could see Mary was still up reading.  I went to the window and said, "Psst," and she came over and we had a little conversation.  She said it was like we were kids trying to get our friend to come out and play.  

People come to Camp of the Woods and they bring their gifts.  Some of the gifts are things like food or books or items we need.  Others bring the gift of their talent, and so Mary used her love of gardening to make the place beautiful.  She and Gene worked together to put out lots of flowers around the camp.  They did a great job!


I miss them already, but now everywhere I look I see their fingerprints.  And it makes me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment