Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Farmer, Babe and God's Love

This week I walked with Mary on Tuesday and Thursday early in the morning before school.  They were beautiful mornings, quiet and with golden light.  It was great to start the day with so much beauty around me.  I was up early enough both mornings to read my devotions and then just sit and be quiet for a while.  It made me happy...

And it made me think of this clip from the movie Babe.

When I went to school that morning I sang this for Kathryn and a couple of the other teachers.  I know... I'm weird.

I've been singing the song and thinking about this all week, and I've finally made a connection.

A while back I wrote a post called The Big Lie about how one of the big lies Satan tempts us to believe is that God doesn't love us.  When I was watching the clip from Babe I finally remembered that the reason Babe won't eat is that one of the animals has told him that the farmer eats pigs.  He is convinced it is true and is sick with sadness.  The farmer tries to feed him with the bottle to show how he cares.  Then the farmer sings, and finally he dances.  He is doing it all to show Babe how much he loves the little pig.

When I thought about it, God was doing the same thing for me.  He was "singing [me] a morning golden and true."  He was splashing light and sound and color all around me to show His love and in joy in our relationship.  What a wonderful God I serve!  How full of joy my heart is!




No comments:

Post a Comment