Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Lesson

Sometimes at this time of year I get to share one of my favorite lessons.  It is not original with me, but I love the analogy, and I've used it often to illustrate God's work in our lives.  I thought I would share it again here.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12


God's word pierces our hearts and makes us sensitive to what's inside our hearts and minds.  It makes us aware of what God already knows...


that we're a mess inside.  Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."


"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  1 Jn. 1:9


Then God sends His Holy Spirit to inhabit our lives.  His presence brings light to the darkness.


Then He places us out in the dark world to shine for Him.  "You are the light of the world."







No comments:

Post a Comment