Saturday, August 4, 2012

Adventures in Hair Color

I knew before I left that one of the challenges of the summer would be my hair.  Away from home for two and a half months without Wanda...how was I going to manage?


I toyed with the idea of just letting it go gray over the summer, but Wanda convinced me that I was too young for that yet.  So she loaded me up with all the supplies I needed to keep my hair color intact.  She generously said that she was donating it to our cause.


After arriving the challenge became finding someone who would do the actual applying of the dye.  The first time I needed it three staffers from Alabama did the job.  We didn't know each other very well yet, but I told them it was just hair and not to worry about how it turned out (it turned out just fine).  It took all three of them to do it, which would have looked hilarious if I had allowed pictures, but I did not.



The next time I needed my hair dyed Phil did it.  And no.  No pictures of that either.

Today I asked Tirzah to do the deed.  She had been dying hair all summer.  She dyed Brandon Dahlberg's hair black so he would look like Eric.  There is a picture of that somewhere but I don't have it.  She dyed Blaze's mohawk so that it actually looked like fire.  She also did these...



So I knew she had experience.  When I asked her to do it she said.  "Well, I have to ask you one thing.  Have you asked your parents if it's OK for me to dye your hair because I don't want them to be mad at me."  I told her I thought they'd be OK with it.

She did a great job.  I've had really short hair all summer (somewhat shorter than I'd like) so I'm going to let it grow out a bit.  But if you see Wanda at The Shoppe tell her I'll be giving her a call soon.  I have missed her!






No comments:

Post a Comment