Friday, November 25, 2011

My Shield




Last year our choir sang this song.  The chorus is taken from Scripture and this is what it says:

But thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head
Thou, oh Lord are shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head


I still have the CD in my car and I was listening to it and singing my heart out on a trip to Chattanooga today.  Of all the things I'm thankful for this season, the truth of these words has to be at the top of the list.

In the past year there have been trials in my life that Satan wanted to use to destroy my faith.  But because the Lord was a shield to me, those things were just glancing blows.  They bruised me; they left a scab, but they were not lethal.

Sometimes I feel ashamed, disgraced or discouraged.  I pick at the scab, and it bleeds.

And that is when the Lord is the lifter of my head.  He speaks to me, and I know He is there.  He tells me that this is not over, that time will bring healing, that He is always in control.

Praise God!  Just wanted you to know that I shouted "Hallelujah!" a few times today.  And it felt really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment