Sunday, October 2, 2011

Reflections on Autumn in Canada


The camp road

Phil says this has been the best trip of his life.


We have reveled in the glorious weather and scenery we enjoyed.  Except for a couple of days of rain, the rest of the days were picture perfect.  The fall colors were at their peak and the temperatures were most comfortable.  We did some stargazing on several nights, which included a spectacular view of the Northern Lights. 

View from Bear Track


Sundown Point







We enjoyed great food and fellowship.  Suppers of partridge, walleye, and wild rice (Fawnda outdid herself); breakfasts of blueberry & wild rice pancakes and delicious coffee (thanks, John); and other wonderful dishes (I made a chicken pot pie) tasted even better after a hard day’s work.  We ate well and had great conversations that deepened our ties to one another.

John & Fawnda

We played a couple of new games.  I finally had a chance to play “Ticket to Ride” which is very popular among the staff at camp.  We also played a quick an easy card game called Golf.  I’ll be happy to teach it to anyone who wants to learn.  Phil even played and enjoyed the games.


I spent some of my days working with the Bates children.  They are a wonderful bunch of kids.  I also spent time working of ideas for next years’ camp.  I feel like we made good progress.


And I read…ah, the luxury of quiet time to read.  I’ll be sharing some of what I read in later posts.  So many good things to think about.





No comments:

Post a Comment