Friday, October 16, 2009

Rain

The past two Sundays we have sung a song about rain.  It talks about asking Jesus to bring the rain, or storms of life, because it brings us closer to God and develops character in our lives that cannot come any other way.  This Sunday we will be talking more about this in our Sunday School class.  So I'm asking here for anyone who will to share their story of how God saw them through a storm.  I'd like to be able to share them with my class on Sunday.

To begin, I'll share one of my own.  Leaving Griffith Elementary School 8 years ago was a huge storm in my life.  I had taught with dear friends for many years and it was a difficult time.  I can look back now and see that I did some things right in that situation, like truly seeking what God was moving me to do next.  But I also look back and see things I should have done differently.  I wish I could have had different attitudes toward what was happening. 

God was with me all the way, even though it was very hard.  He was so gracious in letting me be with Will when he had to make the transition to middle school, which was very hard for him.  And from there he led me to the job I have today.  It is a job that is a perfect fit for me and gives me great satisfaction.  God has been so faithful to me in this storm and many others throughout my life.  God is good... all the time.
*******************************************************************************
Here are the lyrics to the song by Mercy Me:

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that 
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings 
You glory And I know there'll 
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to 
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may 
loom above because you are much greater than 
my pain you who made a way for me suffering 
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain 

No comments:

Post a Comment